Powder Coating Services for OEM Applications in North America
Powder coatings were introduced in the 1960’s. Since then, demand has boomed as compared to the traditional wet liquid coating process. Powder coating has a lot of benefits:
- Powder coating is environment friendly and emits near zero volatile organic compounds
- They are solvent-free and produce much less hazardous waste
- Compared to traditional liquid coatings, powder coatings produce much thicker and glossy coatings
- They are applicable to zinc, steel, aluminum and brass and are good at resisting solvents and acids
- Powder coating equipment consumes less space and also is far easier to use
- Powder coating is resistant to corrosion and has electrical insulation capabilities
Pyramid Mouldings' powder coating process is cost-effective, utilizing high performance coatings for functional applications. We offer powder coating for many industries that can benefit from cost efficiencies, superior quality and performance:
- Building Products
- Display & Storage Racks
- Furniture & Fixtures
Our solutions offer superior performance for applications that require maximum resistance to abrasions and corrosion. The preparation system is an 8-stage treatment line to assure that the parts are clean for proper adherence.
Powder Coating Properties & Selection:
Pyramid powder coats parts for the market segments you have noted. On any given day, the Pyramid powder coat system is making parts for home appliances, commercial appliances, office partitions, truck and car parts. The requirements for these parts are not only "A" surface quality for appearance, but they must also resist corrosion, normally exceeding at least 500 hours in a salt-spray test chamber. In addition, the coating process must be economical, so Pyramid works hard to develop the proper part density on racking that travels through the powder system, and the proper line speed to assure coating thickness. The powder system also recycles the standard color powders so that efficiency is maximized. Typical powder colors include black, white, tan, and gray with some being bendable and some being high-temperature mixes.
We provide the best service in the industry. Whether you need powder coating services on parts we manufacture for your business, or if you only require finishing, contact us to learn more about how we can help meet your needs.